- A pallet is a flat transport structure, which supports goods in a stable fashion while being lifted by a forklift, a pallet jack, a front loader, jacking device or an erect crane.
- Wooden pallet is the structural foundation of a unit load which allows handling and storage efficiencies.
- Wooden pallet can be formed by determining its length, wide and height which can be a big pallet or small pallet.
- While most pallets are wooden, pallets can also be made of paper and recycled materials.
- Each material has advantages and disadvantages as it works well with modern packaging like corrugated boxes and intermodal containers commonly used for bulk shipping.